Subject: [dhcwg] Conflict review result of draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses-01

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 04:51:09 +0000

Hi all,
  Thanks to all who provided comments on this draft. After going through your
comments and reviewing extensive working group discussions I have entered the
following conflict review text

===    Conflict review text   ===

The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done in the dhc
WG, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.

Additionally, the IESG requests the following note be added to the document
if it is published:

The proposal described in this document has an unaddressed failure case that
makes it unsuitable for use as the mechanism to provide the claimed failover
features for DHCPv6 servers. Specifically, when a DHCPv6 client DECLINEs a
provided address there is no recovery mechanism described that will result in
the DHCPv6 client obtaining a working IPv6 address.

=== End of conflict review text ===

Let me know if you have any concerns. This document will be on the May 19th
IESG telechat.

Thanks
Suresh