Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 7824 on Privacy Considerations for DHCPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:24:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7824

        Title:      Privacy Considerations for DHCPv6 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, T. Mrugalski, S. Jiang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42561
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-privacy-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7824

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7824

DHCPv6 is a protocol that is used to provide addressing and
configuration information to IPv6 hosts.  This document describes the
privacy issues associated with the use of DHCPv6 by Internet users.
It is intended to be an analysis of the present situation and does
not propose any solutions.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC