Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 7844 on Anonymity Profiles for DHCP Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:24:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7844

        Title:      Anonymity Profiles for DHCP Clients 
        Author:     C. Huitema, T. Mrugalski, S. Krishnan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 62026
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7844

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7844

Some DHCP options carry unique identifiers.  These identifiers can
enable device tracking even if the device administrator takes care of
randomizing other potential identifications like link-layer addresses
or IPv6 addresses.  The anonymity profiles are designed for clients
that wish to remain anonymous to the visited network.  The profiles
provide guidelines on the composition of DHCP or DHCPv6 messages,
designed to minimize disclosure of identifying information.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC