Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 Failover -- needs your help

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:52:22 -0400

We have been working toward standardizing DHCPv6 Failover for several
years now.

We are almost there. There is a draft:

 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-02>  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-02

It has had three detailed technical reviews (which is, in my view,
enough -- though more would be wonderful).

But it went through DHC WG Last Call with nary a response.  Very
disappointing!

What it needs now is (in just my view) -- another WGLC and:

  Several (4-6) people to read the draft and say:

  "Yes, that looks good and we think it should progress."

  (or "need to fix this, and then it should progress", of course)

I'm *not* asking for a detailed technical review, with 3 pages of
changes/questions.  I *am* asking for people to read through and think
about it and see if it makes some sense to them, then respond to the
DHC WG mailing list.  Technical and editorial updates are certainly
welcome, but are not required.

We are not going to keep pushing this -- if people don't think it is
important, we will drop it.  There was once a set of people
interested, but perhaps they have moved on.

But -- let us see if we can push this one over the line in the next
month or so!  We are almost there!

Thanks much -- Kim