Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt

From: tianxiang li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:40:41 +0800

Hi all,

We updated a new version of the prefix-length-hint-issues draft (version
03) according to feedback form the ietf 96 meeting. The main changes are
listed below:

1. Changed sections 3.1 and 3.2 (Creation/ Receipt of Solicit message).
Adding the following actions for client, and the corresponding actions for
server.

-If the client wants a specific prefix, but would also prefer to accept a
prefix of specified length in case the requested prefix is not available,
it should send a Solicit message containing the prefix and a prefix-length
hint.

2. Added "General Recommendation" section (Section 3.6)

3. Removed text in section 1(Introduction) concerning lifetime hints, since
they are obsoleted in 3315bis.

4. Changed terms "requesting router/delegating router" to "client/server"
to be consistent with 3315bis

Best regards,
Tianxiang

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2016-07-26 20:34 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
To: Tianxiang Li <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <
[email-masked]>, Cong Liu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tianxiang Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue
Revision:       03
Title:          DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
Document date:  2016-07-26
Group:          dhc
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a client to include a
   prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a preference
   for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear about how
   the client and server should act in different situations involving
   the prefix-length hint.  This document provides a summary of the
   existing problems with the prefix-length hint and guidance on what
   the client and server could do in different situations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat