Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 00:07:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure DHCPv6
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Lishan Li
                          Yong Cui
                          Tatuya Jinmei
                          Ted Lemon
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-17.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2016-10-20

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 includes no deployable security mechanism that can protect
   end-to-end communication between DHCP clients and servers.  This
   document describes a mechanism for using public key cryptography to
   provide such security.  The mechanism provides encryption in all
   cases, and can be used for authentication based on pre-sharing of
   authorized certificates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Lishan Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:57:41 +0800

Dear All,

We have submitted the new version of secure DHCPv6. After the
last IETF meeting, we have made the following update. Could
you please review the draft? Thanks in advance.

1. According to Bernie's comments, we updated the draft on the
    following aspects: Increasing number option is changed into
    64 bits; Increasing number check is a separate section;
    IncreasingnumFail error status code is changed into
    ReplayDetected error status code; Add the section of "caused
    change to RFC3315".

2. For the deployment part, we discussed this problem on saag
    mail list and then make the following decision: take OS (opportunistic
    security) into consideration and make Tofu out of scope.

3. Randy has reviewed the first parts of the draft and gave
    us some comments. According to his comments, we
    updated the following aspects: Increasing number option only
    contains the strictly increasing number; Add some description
    about why encryption is needed in Security Issues of DHCPv6
    part; For the algorithm agility part, the provider can offer multiple
    EA-id, SA-id, HA-id and then receiver choose one from the
    algorithm set.

Best Regards,
Lishan

2016-10-20 15:07 GMT+08:00 <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>