Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:51:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Source Address Option
        Authors         : Ian Farrer
                          Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
	Filename        : draft-fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-11-15

Abstract:
   DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 [RFC7341] describes a mechanism for dynamically
   configuring IPv4 over an IPv6-only network.  For DHCPv4 over DHCPv6
   to function with some IPv4-over-IPv6 softwire mechanisms and
   deployment scenarios, the operator must learn the /128 IPv6 address
   that the client will use as the source of IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel.  This
   address, in conjunction with the IPv4 address and the Port Set ID
   allocated to the DHCP 4o6 client are used to create a binding table
   entry in the softwire tunnel concentrator.  This memo defines two
   DHCPv6 options used to communicate the source tunnel IPv6 address
   between the DHCP 4o6 client and server.  It also describes a method
   for configuring the client with the IPv6 address of the border router
   so that the softwire can be established.  It is designed to work in
   conjunction with the IPv4 address allocation process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fsc-softwire-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/