Subject: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6603 (4958)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 00:13:03 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6603,
"Prefix Exclude Option for DHCPv6-based Prefix Delegation".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6603&eid=4958

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Sander Steffann <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.1

Original Text
-------------
6.1.  Requesting Router

   The requesting router behavior regarding the use of the
   OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option is mostly identical to the steps described
   in Section 5.1, with the difference being the use of a DHCPv6 Request
   instead of an Solicit message.  The requesting router SHOULD include
   the OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option code in the OPTION_ORO option for DHCPv6
   messages as described in Section 22.7 of [RFC3315].  The requesting
   router SHOULD include the OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option code in the
   OPTION_ORO option for DHCPv6 messages as described in Section 22.7 of
   [RFC3315].

Corrected Text
--------------
6.1.  Requesting Router

   The requesting router behavior regarding the use of the
   OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option is mostly identical to the steps described
   in Section 5.1, with the difference being the use of a DHCPv6 Request
   instead of an Solicit message.  The requesting router SHOULD include
   the OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE option code in the OPTION_ORO option for DHCPv6
   messages as described in Section 22.7 of [RFC3315].

Notes
-----
Minor editorial bug: the last sentence of that paragraph was duplicated.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6603 (draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Prefix Exclude Option for DHCPv6-based Prefix Delegation
Publication Date    : May 2012
Author(s)           : J. Korhonen, Ed., T. Savolainen, S. Krishnan, O. Troan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG