Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port-06.txt> (Generalized UDP Source Port for DHCP Relay) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:32:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'Generalized UDP Source Port for DHCP
Relay'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes an extension to the DHCP protocols that allows
   a relay agent to receive packets from a server or an upstream relay
   agent on any UDP port, not just the default port 67 for IPv4 or
   default port 547 for IPv6.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.