Subject: [dhcwg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00.txt

From: Srinivasa Rao Nalluri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:19:37 +0000

Hi,

As part of our work related to IoT devices and enabling IoT devices and 
services, we realized that DHCP can help in certain more use cases other than 
what is mentioned in draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-lwm2m-bootstrap-options.

MQQT is a popular IoT protocol based on publisher-subscriber  architecture. 
There are several IoT devices using MQTT protocol for data reporting.

There is need for few DHCP options to enable MQTT devices dynamically.

Draft mentioned in below mail provides details on use cases and new options.

Request you to review and provide your comments.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivasa Rao Nalluri

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:24 PM
To: Srinivasa Rao Nalluri; Srinivasa Rao Nalluri
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00.txt

has been successfully submitted by Srinivas Rao Nalluri and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Name:                  draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options

Revision:              00

Title:                      DHCPv6 options for MQTT client configuration

Document date:               2017-10-20

Group:                  Individual Submission

Pages:                   9

URL: 
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00.txt> 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00.txt

Status: 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options/> 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options/

Htmlized: 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00> 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00

Htmlized: 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00> 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nalluri-dhc-dhcpv6-mqtt-config-options-00

Abstract:

   This document defines Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and Dynamic

   Host Configuration Protocol version 6 (DHCPv6) Options for MQTT

   client configuration information, which are used to carry Uniform

   Resource Locater of MQTT broker and MQTT topic prefix that should be

   used as prefix for any topic published by MQTT client.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission 
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat