Subject: [dhcwg] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on charter-ietf-dhc-08-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:19:32 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-dhc-08-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dhc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The bit about independent submissions seems out of place in a WG charter. If
it's the expectation is that a bunch of options are likely to be defined in the
independent stream and guidance will be sought from the WG, that raises a
question about why they aren't being published through the WG in the first
place.

I would also be curious to learn what practicalities are motivating the move to
full standard.