Subject: [dhcwg] Minimal implementation of draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis on RIOT @ IETF Hackathon 101

From: Martine Lenders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 16:32:29 +0100

Hi,

I will be championing a minimal DHCPv6 implementation for the RIOT
operating system [1]. The main plan is to replace RIOT's proprietary (or
rather quickly hacked together) UHCP client which functionality is
comparable to a DHCP client requesting IA_PD. If time allows further
features can also be implemented.

Main development will happen on the `native` platform, which allows RIOT to
be run as a process on Linux. For preparation please set-up a Vagrant-VM
[2] or set the toolchains up natively on your system [3] (experience shows
that Ubuntu LTS works the easiest, and OSX the hardest with that option).
If you want to familiarize with RIOT, have a look at our tutorials [4] and
our API documentation [5]. The plan is to use the `sock_udp` API [6] for
the implementation.

Hope to see you this Saturday!

Kind regards,
Martine

[1] https://riot-os.org/
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/dist/tools/vagrant
[3] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Family%3A-native
[4] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Tutorials
[5] http://api.riot-os.org/
[6] http://api.riot-os.org/group__net__sock__udp.html