Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 8357 on Generalized UDP Source Port for DHCP Relay

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 22:46:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8357

        Title:      Generalized UDP Source Port 
                    for DHCP Relay 
        Author:     N. Shen, 
                    E. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21266
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8357

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8357

This document defines an extension to the DHCP protocols that allows
a relay agent to use any available source port for upstream
communications.  The extension also allows inclusion of a DHCP option
that can be used to statelessly route responses back to the
appropriate source port on downstream communications.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC