Subject: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-02.txt

From: Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 17:17:23 +0100

Thanks for the comments on and off the v6ops list, we've published a
new version of draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health.

The major changes can summarised as:
 - Emphasised preference for use of BFD echo as the health check mechanism.
 - Removed lifetime expiration from Behaviour 2 and clarified usage.
 - Updated Behaviour 3 with instructions for whilst mid-renew/rebind.
 - Reworded multihoming section.
 - Added Acknowledgements.

Please continue providing feedback, and if anyone has a relationship
with DHCP client developers, or CPE vendors, we'd love to start a
dialogue there too.

-Richard

On 19/06/2018, 17:07, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-02.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Richard Patterson and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Revision:02
    Title:IPoE Client Health Checking
    Document date:2018-06-19
    Group:Individual Submission
    Pages:13
    URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-02.txt
    Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health/
    Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-02
    Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-02

    Abstract:
       PPP over Ethernet clients have the functionality to detect path
       unavailability by using PPP Keepalives.  IP over Ethernet does not
       have this functionality, and it's not specified when an IP over
       Ethernet client should consider its WAN connectivity down, unless
       there is a physical layer link down event.

       This document describes a way for IP over Ethernet clients to achieve
       connectivity validation, similar to that of PPP over Ethernet, by
       using BFD Echo, or ARP and Neighbor Discovery functions.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat