Subject: [dhcwg] Call for Adoption - draft-bvtm-dhc-mac-assign - Respond by April 16, 2019

From: ANTONIO DE LA OLIVA DELGADO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 11:31:39 +0200

Hi,
I support the adoption of this draft. It supports the work being performed
in IEEE 802.1CQ.

Br
Antonio
--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bernie Volz (volz) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:56 PM
Subject: Call for Adoption - draft-bvtm-dhc-mac-assign - Respond by April
16, 2019
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi:

As discussed at the DHC WG session at IETF-104, we are trying another call
… this starts the WG Call for Adoption for the draft-bvtm-dhc-mac-assign-02
document. Please respond by end of day April 16, 2019 whether you support
adoption of this work or not.

This was presented at IETF-104 (see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-dhc-link-layer-addresses-assignment-mechanism-for-dhcpv6-refresher-01)
and also IETF-101 (see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-dhc-mac-addresses-assignment-for-dhcpv6-01)
and discussed with our Area Director (Suresh) as acceptable work for the
DHC WG to adopt. This work was also presented by Tomek and Bernie to the
IEEE P802.1CQ discussions at the OmniRAN meeting in May 2018 – slides
available at
https://github.com/dhcwg/dhcp-mac/blob/master/ietf-dhc-mac-assign.pdf, as
the IEEE is exploring allocation protocols.

If you are silent, it is not possible for us to know your support or lack
therefore; so please do respond if you feel this work is something the DHC
WG should (or should not) work on.

Thanks much!

   - Tomek & Bernie

-- 
Antonio de la Oliva
Associate Professor
Telematics Department
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +34 91 624 8803
Fax:   +34 91 624 8749