Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: WG Call for Adoption

From: Naveen Kottapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:46:58 +0530

Hello All,

A new version of the draft is submitted today.  Please go through the same
and let us know if anyone has any questions.

A new version of I-D, draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Naveen Kottapalli and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements
Revision:       03
Title:          DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating relay
Document date:  2019-12-17
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fkhp-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-03

Abstract:
   Operational experience with DHCPv6 prefix delegation has shown that
   when the DHCPv6 relay function is not co-located with the DHCPv6
   server function, issues such as timer synchronization between the
   DHCP functional elements, rejection of client's messages by the
   relay, and other problems have been observed.  These problems can
   result in prefix delegation failing or traffic to/from clients
   addressed from the delegated prefix being unrouteable.  Although
   [RFC8415] mentions this deployment scenario, it does not provide
   necessary detail on how the relay element should behave when used
   with PD.

   This document describes functional requirements for a DHCPv6 PD relay
   when used for relaying prefixes delegated by a separate DHCPv6
   server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

Yours,
Naveen.