Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 13:28:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6-Only-Preferred Option for DHCP
        Authors         : Lorenzo Colitti
                          Jen Linkova
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Tomek Mrugalski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies a DHCP option to indicate that a host
   supports an IPv6-only mode and willing to forgo obtaining an IPv4
   address if the network provides IPv6 connectivity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:29:34 +1100

Hello,

-00  version of the DHC WG document has been submitted, following the
successful adoption call. The main changes:

- the draft now suggests that the server SHOULD respond with '0.0.0.0'
and MAY respond with the real address from the pool.
- Section discussing interoperability with RFC2563 is added;
- Section is added to discuss why the proposed mechanism implies NAT64.
- Terminology clarified. In particular, as per Mohamed's suggestion:
       -- IPv4-as-a-Service has been replaced with 'IPv4-on-demand' to
avoid confusion with the existing use of that term in ISP
environments.
       -- 'host' behaviour vs 'dhcp client' behaviour is made more clear.
- Some text added to explain that using DHCP option to signal
IPv6-only capability is better than delaying DHCP process
- Option type is now called Option code
- MIN_V6ONLY_WAIT constant = 300 secs added instead of hardcoding 300 secs.

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Also, if you feel your name is mistakenly missing from the
Acknowledgement section it's not because I'm unappreciative of your
valuable contribution, it's because I might lose track of comments ;(
Please do not hesitate to drop me an email!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 7:28 AM
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-00.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry