Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 16:49:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6-Only-Preferred Option for DHCP
        Authors         : Lorenzo Colitti
                          Jen Linkova
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Tomek Mrugalski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-05-31

Abstract:
   This document specifies a DHCP option to indicate that a host
   supports an IPv6-only mode and willing to forgo obtaining an IPv4
   address if the network provides IPv6 connectivity.  It also updates
   [RFC2563] to specify the DHCP server behavior when the server
   receives a DHCPDISCOVER not containing the Auto-Configure option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:04:31 +1000

First of all, thanks to everyone who read the draft and provided their comments.
Post-WGLC -01 version has just been submitted.

Changes since -00:
1) The Abstract and the Introduction sections have explicitly mention
RFC2563 update.
2) A definition of 'IPv4-requiring host' is added to the Terminology section
3) (most important one, probably): Instead of saying that the client
MUST NOT request an address provided by the server (if the server
decided to offer a real address, not 0.0.0.0) , the draft is now
saying 'SHOULD NOT'.
4) some text polishing/typo fixing

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:49 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry