Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 07:39:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Link-Layer Addresses Assignment Mechanism for DHCPv6
        Authors         : Bernie Volz
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-05-05

Abstract:
   In certain environments, e.g. large scale virtualization deployments,
   new devices are created in an automated manner.  Such devices
   typically have their link-layer (MAC) addresses randomized.  With
   sufficient scale, the likelihood of collision is not acceptable.
   Therefore an allocation mechanism is required.  This draft proposes
   an extension to DHCPv6 that allows a scalable approach to link-layer
   address assignments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 14:48:39 +0000

Hi:

I just submitted this revision based on (off-list) comments from Éric Vyncke during his AD review.

The changes are minor, such as:
-	Use DHCP instead of DHCPv6 in most places
-	Use address instead of "MAC address" and "link-layer address" in most places, in line with the terminology.
-	Add "IPv6 address" in place of "address" when referring IPv6 address assignment.
-	Use IEEE 802 consistently.
-	Remove unnecessary sentence with SHOULD NOT that conflicted with MUST NOT in following sentence.
-	Specified that link-layer-len is in units of octets.
And a few other minor nits.

-	Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcwg <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-06.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg