Subject: [dhcwg] Updates on draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 08:50:40 +0200

Hi Roger, all,

Thanks again for the comments on the draft. I did try to incorporate most
of your comments. For the sake of completeness, I'm just summarizing below
the changes I made on the draft:

- I applied basically all the suggested edits (on abstract, introduction
and terminology sections).
- I made some minor changes to improve the motivation of the problem
statement, but note that this was extensively reviewed by the DHC WG. I've
modified the text regarding the IoT scenario to better explain the
motivation (section 1.1.1). I've also reformulated the text in section
1.1.2 to better explain the rationale behind the recommendations for SLAP
quadrant preferences in datacenter scenarios.
- As suggested, I removed the section on Quadrant Selection Mechanisms
examples (and put it in an annex).
- I did check all your comments regarding the DHCPv6 extensions section
(old section 4, now section 3). This part has been extensively reviewed and
approved by the DHC WG and the IETF and represent therefore the IETF
consensus. Since it refers to points related to the way the DHCPv6 protocol
works, we, the editors of the DHC WG document, do not intend to apply some
of your comments.
- I added all the suggested references and made the suggested corrections.

Note that most of the comments were addressed in
draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-10 (posted early August), but I've just posted
draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11 [1] with some additional changes and small
corrections.

Thanks much for providing the comments and feedback on the draft.

Kind regards,

Carlos

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-slap-quadrant-11