Subject: [dhcwg] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:38:54 -0800

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Abstract the term "memo" is used, but everywhere else it's called a
"document".  I suggest updating the Abstract to conform.

In Section 2.1: "... forwarding DHCPv6 messages containing IA_PD/IAPREFIX ..."
-- Just to confirm, does that "/" mean "or"?

---

From: Naveen Kottapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:14:41 +0530

Hello,

Thank you for the comments.  Both the comments are taken care of and will
be seen in the upcoming version of document.

Yours,
Naveen.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 11:32:19 +0100

Hi Murray,

Thank you for the comments. Please see inline below.

Ian

> On 16. Dec 2020, at 06:38, Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

[If - Will change in the next version]

> -- Just to confirm, does that "/" mean "or"?

[if - It’s both - the IA_PD option is a contain one or more IAPREFIX options (that hold prefix itself).
Suggest changing to:

“… forwarding DHCPv6 messages containing IA_PD and IAPREFIX …"