Subject: [dhcwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-templin-omni-send-00.txt

From: "Templin (US), Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:53:43 +0000

Hi, here is a new draft that fills a need for securing IPv6 neighbor discovery messages
over OMNI interfaces. It is based on the well-known Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND)
protocol and Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA), and tells how these
mechanisms are used over OMNI interfaces.

This draft *does not* call for any new DHCPv6 DUIDs; instead, it expects to use those
that already exists. This announcement is therefore cross-posted to dhc to show a
realignment with the RFC8415 standard in its current form, but does not discuss any
DHCPv6 details.

Therefore, the bulk of the discussion should be focused in the 6man list, since it is
generally about IPv6 ND and specifically about securing IPv6 ND on OMNI interfaces
configured over public Internetworks.

Please send comments to the list.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 7:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject:  I-D Action: draft-templin-omni-send-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure NEighbor Discovery (SEND) over OMNI Interfaces
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-omni-send-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-01-20

Abstract:
   The Overlay Multilink Network Interface (OMNI) specification can be
   used by nodes on public Internetworks when a suitable security
   service is provided to authenticate IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (IPv6 ND)
   control messages.  The basic OMNI security service for transmission
   of IPv6 ND messages over public Internetworks uses a Hashed Message
   Authentication Code (HMAC) based on a shared secret.  This document
   specifies use of the Secure NEighbor Discovery (SEND) protocol over
   OMNI interfaces which can provide a more flexible and robust service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-omni-send/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-omni-send-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-omni-send-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt