Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 8987 on DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:45:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8987

        Title:      DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay Requirements 
        Author:     I. Farrer,
                    N. Kottapalli,
                    M. Hunek,
                    R. Patterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8987

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8987

This document describes operational problems that are known to occur
when using DHCPv6 relays with prefix delegation. These problems can
prevent successful delegation and result in routing failures. To
address these problems, this document provides necessary functional
requirements for operating DHCPv6 relays with prefix delegation.

It is recommended that any network operator using DHCPv6 prefix
delegation with relays ensure that these requirements are followed on
their networks.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC