Subject: [dhcwg] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC4361 (5424)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 00:18:24 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC4361, "Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5424

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-07-16
Held by: Eric Vyncke (IESG)

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   DHCPv4 clients and servers that are implemented according to this
   document should be implemented as if the changes specified in
   sections 6.3 and 6.4 have been made to RFC 2131 and RFC 2132.  DHCPv4
   clients should, in addition, follow the behavior specified in section
   6.1.  DHCPv6 clients should follow the behavior specified in section
   6.2.  DHCPv4 servers should additionally follow the behavior
   specified in section 6.3.

Corrected Text
--------------
   DHCPv4 clients and servers that are implemented according to this
   document should be implemented as if the changes specified in
   sections 6.4 and 6.5 have been made to RFC 2131 and RFC 2132.  DHCPv4
   clients should, in addition, follow the behavior specified in section
   6.1.  DHCPv6 clients should follow the behavior specified in section
   6.2.  DHCPv4 servers should additionally follow the behavior
   specified in section 6.3.

Notes
-----
Incorrect links to sections of this document.

-- Verifier note --
The corrected text is indeed correct. As a normal reader will correct the text by herself and the error is not catastrophic, this errata is marked as "help for document update".

--------------------------------------
RFC4361 (draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4)
Publication Date    : February 2006
Author(s)           : T. Lemon, B. Sommerfeld
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG