Subject: [dhcwg] Interface

From: "Guja, ArturX" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:32:54 +0200

Sorry for posting so many questions, but I'm working overtime on my
diploma here. I'm really grateful for any input.

So another one:
Is the client required to send DHCPv6 messages through the interface it is
going to configure, or can it send them through any interface?
I mean, why should there be such a restriction? After all, it sends
the DUID and the link-local address in the message. It might as well
use ANY interface for communication with the server, eg. when it is
multi-homed, and there is a DHCP server available on only one link,
but it serves the whole net :)))

I know it was mentioned somewhere, but I can't find it. :)))
Soory to bother you :)))

Artur

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg