Subject: [dhcwg] Question for draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-22.txt

From: "yong sung Roh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:53:29 +0900

Dear all dhcwg members.

 Hi. all.

 Happy new year for all dhcwg members~!!
 While I was reading draft-22.txt, I had two questions.

 First :

  When a client requests an IPv4 address to server, DSTM Global IPv4 address option MUST be
included to indicate that client is now requesting IPv4 address. But, Appendix B describes that 
Request, Renew, Rebind, and Reconfigure message could not include DSTM Option.
  If a client wants to be assigned IPv4 address, how can I notify to DHCPv6 servers? Need to add
OPTION_DSTM code in ORO? If so, when a client want to extend lifetime of IPv4 address, should 
IAs be included without encapsulating IAs to DSTM Global IPv4 address option?    

 Second :

  In IPv4 circumstance, each client have its default gateway address information. I think that default 
gateway address must be needed to DSTM circumstance, too. But in  draft-22.txt, there is no consi-
deration of IPv4 default gateway address.
  Does not need to be assigned to clients? If not, How can clients acquire its default gateway addre-
ss information?

 Sorry for my poor english skili, But Please give me advices about it. 

Sincerely,

Yong sung Roh

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg