Subject: [dhcwg] Geographic position option

From: Sam Critchley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:28:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everyone,

Following the thread on this about a week ago, I sent the position draft
in as a personal submission (it was written up anyway), and it's now
available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-critchley-dhc-location-option-00.txt

I personally feel there's a requirement for this, initially mainly in
order to enable Location-Based Services on non-telephony mobile networks,
which isn't easily served by RFC1712, or a DNS-based system.

I think, however, that it might be possible to alter the format of the
geographic position sentence in order to emulate the GPOS RR, although
RFC1712 makes no mention of either geodesic datum or positional accuracy.

I'd be interested in hearing more thoughts and opinions, both on the
option itself, the requirement for it, and on what should be done with the
draft now.

Many thanks,

Sam

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg