Subject: [dhcwg] Preparation for dhc WG meeting in Vienna

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:02:44 -0400

Here are some more details about the dhc WG meeting
in Vienna.  Please be sure to read the drafts and
come prepared to discuss the specific issues...

IPv4 Network Attachment Detection
   <draft-aboba-dhc-nad-ipv4-00.txt>
   This draft collects and formally describes experience
   gained in the detection of network attachment. The final
   document will be relevant to the DHCP specification.

DHCP PXE Suboptions
   <draft-johnston-pxe-options-00.txt>
   Several years ago, the dhc WG discussed three DHCP options
   to support the PXE boot protocol.  Those options were
   assigned option codes but never specified in an RFC.  We
   will discuss the specifics of the specifications in this
   draft and how to proceed toward a published IETF
   specification.

Site Specific Options for DHCP for IPv6
   <draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-site-options-00.txt>
   DHCPv4 reserves option codes 128-254 for site specific options
   that can be used within a site without a published IETF
   specification.  This draft defines site-specific options
   for DHCPv6.

Vendor-Identifying Vendor Options for DHCPv4
   <draft-littlefield-dhcp-vendor-00.txt>
   Based on experience with the DHCPv4 vendor-specific options,
   the DHCPv6 specification includes a somewhat expanded
   definition of vendor-specific options: multiple
   instances of the vendor-specific option are allowed and
   each instance of the vendor-specific option includes a
   vendor identifier.  A similarly expanded vendor-specific
   option is needed for DHCPv4 - for example, to accommodate
   DOCSIS-capable devices that need DOCSIS-specific options
   as well as vendor-specific options.

DHCPv4 Threat Analysis
   draft-ietf-dhc-v4-threat-analysis-00.txt
   The threat analysis design team has completed a draft of its
   review of DHCPv4 security threats.  Following a review of that
   draft, the design team will invite proposals for protocol
   designs that address the security threats.

RFC3118 Delayed Authentication Using PANA
   <draft-tschofenig-pana-bootstrap-rfc3118-00.txt>
   This draft specifies an alternative authentication mechanism.

DHCP RSA/DSA Authentication using DNS KEY records
   <draft-ietf-dhc-auth-sigzero-00.txt>
   This draft specifies an alternative authentication mechanism.

DHCP-DDNS interaction
   <draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-05.txt>
   <draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-05.txt>
   <draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-06.txt>
   We have 6 remaining issues - the goal of this discussion will
   be to develop specific text to address each issue.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg