Subject: [dhcwg] keeping the same IP address

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:21:05 +0100

I would like to know:

When a Mobile node (Mobile Client) obtains an IPv6 address by a DHCPv6
server on a link and moves to a different link,
the Mobile Client will send a confirm message
message to its DHCPv6 server to check the 
validity of that address.

I presume then, the DHCPv6 server would reply with 
a code NotOnLink. Will the DHCPv6 server 
force the Mobile Client to stop using that 
adress? by sending a Lifetime of zero back to the client?

Would it be possible for a DHCPv6 server to allow a Mobile
Client to use the same DHCPv6 address across several links
(provided a routing protocol ensure routability of that address)
across several links after the DHCPv6 server has notified NotOnLink?

Stephane

==============================================================================
Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-mail, and any attachments, is intended for
the named recipients only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance on it. Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect
the views of Panasonic Mobile Communications Development of Europe Limited.

Please note that whilst the company takes steps to protect against viruses it
cannot accept any liability for any damage, whether direct or indirect,
sustained as a result of any software viruses being transmitted.

If you receive this E-mail by mistake, please advise the sender by using the
reply facility in your E-mail software and then delete it.
==============================================================================

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg