Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt (SECOND REQUEST)

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:58:00 -0400

SECOND REQUEST - To date, the only response to this WG last call has been
the chair's review of the document.  If enough responses are not received to
support the acceptance of this document, it *will not* be submitted to the
IESG for publication.  Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support
acceptance of the document without change, respond with a simple
acknowledgment, so that support for the document can be assessed.

-----
This message announces a WG last call on "RADIUS Attributes Sub-option for
the DHCP Relay Agent Information Option"
<draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt>.  The
last call will conclude at 5PM ET on Friday, 10/24/2003.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt provides a way through which network
elements can pass information obtained through layer 2 authentication to a
DHCP server.  The IEEE 802.1X protocol is an example of a mechanism for
providing authenticated layer 2 network access that would be used with
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:06:16 -0400

Ralph,

I support this document moving forward.

Kim

---

From: Mark Stapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:50:45 -0400

I would like to see this draft progress on the standards track.

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:59:27 -0500

Urk.   Sorry.   I support advancing this draft.

---

From: Josh Littlefield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:46:15 -0400

I support this draft as written, and would like to see it progress.

-- 
=====================================================================
Josh Littlefield                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]                             1414 Massachusetts Avenue
tel: 978-936-1379  fax: same               Boxborough, MA  01719-2205

---

From: "Bernie Volz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:20:12 -0400

Ralph:

I support this draft moving forward.

A few nits are:

There is an inconsistency in section 2 (terminology). In some cases you
define the terms (even when they come from another document) and in others
you don't. I'm especially concerned that the 802.1X definitions are not
defined in the draft as the document they are defined in is not an IETF
document - so repeating these definitions has the most value.

Also, in section 6 (DHCP Client Behavior) shouldn't it state that this
option (Relay Agent Information) should never be added or seen by the client
as this option is only for use between a relay agent and DHCP server? The
current wording doesn't make it clear that the client should never see these
options (or the specific sub-option).

I'm also not clear why in section 4 the User-Name and Class are SHOULD
whereas in section 7 these are a MUST. Neither attribute is a MUST in RFC
2865. I would think both sections are a SHOULD?

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ralph
Droms
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-03.txt
(SECOND REQUEST)

-----

- Ralph Droms