Subject: [dhcwg] Review of RFC 2131 prior to advancement

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:29:15 -0700

A year ago, at the Atlanta Working Groups meeting, I accepted the task of
preparing a critical review of RFC 2131 as the last step before advancing it
to a full Internet-Standard.

First step was to solicit input from the DHC community, which I did in
January of this year with, sadly, few respondents.  An initial ("-00")
Informational Internet-Draft was submitted in February containing the first
collection of criticism of the RFC.  That draft was summarized at the San
Francisco Working Groups meeting, and Rob Stevens joined me as editor for
the effort.

Now, a second ("-01") draft has been accepted by the Internet-Drafts Editor
and will be an agenda item for discussion at the Minneapolis Working Groups
meeting.

Many of the recommendations made in this draft are non-controversial, such
as typographical and spelling errors.  Other recommendations follow current
guidelines for all documents, including the use of standardized boilerplate,
organization of references, and intellectual property notices.

The majority of recommendations involve clarification of items that had
conflicting or confusing descriptions in two or more sections of RFC 2131 or
conflicted with other RFCs.

Please take the time to review the new draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-implementation-01.txt)
and be prepared to discuss it during the Working Groups meeting AND on the
DHC mailing list.

Thanks in advance,

--Barr

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg