Subject: [dhcwg] Authentication of DHCP messages

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:02:48 -0400

Vipul Gupta has submitted a specification for an authentication mechanism
(as an extension to RFC 3118).  As of the last dhc WG meeting,
draft-gupta-dhcp-auth-02.txt had not received wide review within the WG.
Please read Vipul's document, as part of our discussion of extensions to
facilitate the deployment of DHCp message authentication.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Mimi Zohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:56:06 -0400

Since I'm the one that originally recommended resurrecting Vipul Gupta's
draft with minor changes, I obviously support certificate based DHCP
authentication and recommend accepting  the proposed extensions to RFC3118
- Authentication for DHCP messages.

Mimi Zohar

Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 10/22/2003 04:02:48 PM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:    [dhcwg] Authentication of DHCP messages

- Ralph