Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Stateless DHCP Service for IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:26:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Stateless DHCP Service for IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document is a guide to the protocol messages and options that
must be implemented to provide stateless DHCPv6 service.  Stateless
DHCPv6 service is used by nodes to obtain configuration information
such as the addresses of DNS recursive name servers that does not
require the maintenance of any dynamic state for individual clients. A
node that uses stateless DHCP must have obtained its IPv6 addresses
through some other mechanism, typically stateless address
autoconfiguration.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a product of the DHC WG.  This document went 
through WG last call and was revised in response to WG last call
comments.  It was also revised to address IETF last call comments
from Pekka Savola and Tim Chown.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The protocol defined in this document is a subset of the DHCPv6
specification, which is defined in RFC 3315, and there are 
already several implementations of RFC 3315.

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg