Subject: [dhcwg] Questions about "The Extended Remote Boot Option for DHCPv4"

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:40:46 -0500

I have a couple of questions about "The Extended Remote Boot Option for
DHCPv4", draft-ietf-dhc-opt-extrboot-00.txt.

Is the purpose of this option to send a list of candidate TFTP servers,
which the DHCP client contacts to download one or more specified files?
Does the list contain a list of entries, each of which looks like:

Server name or IPv4 address
   File 1
   File 2
   File 3

The semantics, then are to contact the first server in the list.  If the
DHCP client can access a TFTP service on that first server, the client
sequentially downloads each of the files associated with that server and
quits processing the option.  If the client cannot contact the first server,
it tries the second server.   If the DHCP client can access a TFTP service,
it downloads each of the files associated with the second server.  Is my
interpretation correct?

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Vijayabhaskar A K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:01:04 +0530

Yes, your interpretations are correct..

~ Vijay

-- 
__________________________________________________________
Vijayabhaskar A K            Phone : +91-80-22053085
Hewlett Packard              Mobile: +91-9845241382
Bangalore, India             Email : [email-masked]

Intellectuals solve problems: geniuses prevent them.
-Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)
__________________________________________________________