Subject: [dhcwg] Default route issue

From: Changming Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:43:18 -0800

Sorry, folks it's me again. We also have another issue with default route(r)
in the following scenario.

In a palnned network deployment, our device is acted as a CPE router which
communicates with upstream PE router through DHCPv6 for configuration info.
There are potential huge volume of CPE devices, so manual configuration of
each CPE is deemed un-acceptable operationally. For the same reason, no
dynamic routing protocol is planned to be deployed. Because RA can not be
used to learn the default routers by other routers themselves, one of kludge
solutions we come with is to learn default routers via DHCPv6. The PE acted
as DHCPv6 server is accepted as the default router on the CPE.

Do you have any suggestions? Any other better way?

Thanks in advance.

Changming  

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg