Subject: WG meeting, 12/12

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:53:41 -0500

If you plan to attend next week's WG meeting...

The -16 rev of the DHCPv6 spec is *significantly* different from the -15 
rev.  One major change is that the spec is currently documented in a single 
I-D, http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-16.txt  The 
changes in rev -16 are summarized in section 23.

The WG members contributing to the draft have held two teleconferences 
since the last WG meeting in Pittsburgh.  During the first teleconference, 
we generated a list of issues that were addressed in the most recent rev of 
the I-D.  In the second teleconference (on 12/5), we reviewed some 
remaining issues from the -16 draft and developed a list of issues to bring 
to the WG.  Summaries of those meetings are available at http://www.dhcp.org

You *must* read the -16 rev of the draft before contributing to the WG 
discussion next Tuesday.  We will move *very* fast through the changes in 
the -16 draft and the issues discussed in the 12/5 teleconference, to gauge 
WG consensus on the draft and proposed solutions to some outstanding 
issues.  We will also discuss a couple of outstanding issues - most notably 
the design and use of UUIDs and the options to be included in the base spec 
I-D.

- Ralph