Subject: [dhcwg] dhcp lease query

From: Nitin John <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

My name is Nitin and I work for a telcom company in
MA. I am interested in implementing the dhcp lease
query draft on our DHCP server implementation.

We noticed there are several to be discussed(TBD)
items in the draft. Specifically they are

1. The values of the following message types

 Value  Message Type
---------------------
 TBD    DHCPLEASEQUERY
 TBD    DHCPKNOWN
 TBD    DHCPUNKNOWN

2. The new reservation bit defined in the flag field
of the DHCP packet and

3. The option code for the new DHCP option
client-last-transaction-time added.

Since the draft expires Jan 2002, I was wondering if
the DHCWG was leaning towards any particular value. I
would also appreciate it if anyone is aware of what
current implementations are using as codes and values
for the above mentioned items.

Thanks

Nitin

Reference:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-02.txt
- dated July 2001

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:55:41 -0400

Nitin,

Until the draft gets through enough of the approval process to
become an RFC and get a number, the TBD values are officially
just that -- TBD.

To the best of my knowledge there are *no* extant implementations
of the current draft, and therefore no defacto numbers for the
TBD values.

At Cisco we have an implementation that is similar to an earlier
version of the draft, but it would not interoperate with an
implementation the current version.  After the TBD values get
determined (just before it becomes an RFC), we will update our
implementation to match both the protocol and numbers of the RFC.

Cheers -- Kim