Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: The Classless Static Route Option for DHCP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:06:49 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The Classless Static Route
Option for DHCP' <draft-ietf-dhc-csr-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This document defines a new DHCP option, the Classless Static Route
   Option. The option allows a DHCP server to specify classeless
   static routes (i.e., address, mask, next-hop router) that a client
   should install in its routing table. The option supersedes the
   Static Route option (option 33) defined in RFC2132, which is only
   defined for classful addresses.

Working Group Summary

 There was support and consensus for this in the WG, and no issues
 were raised during Last Call

Protocol Quality

 This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please change the word "supersedes" to "obsoletes" in the first sentence of
the introduction.

OLD:
      This option supersedes the Static Route option (option 33) defined
      in RFC2132 [2].
NEW:
      This option obsoletes the Static Route option (option 33) defined
      in RFC2132 [2].

Please change the words "simply valid" to "simply invalid" in the Security
Considerations Section.

OLD:
      This can
      be either a Denial of Service attack, where the router IP address
      given is simply valid, or can be used to set up a man-in-the-middle
      attack by providing the IP address of a potential snooper.
NEW:
      This can
      be either a Denial of Service attack, where the router IP address
      given is simply invalid, or can be used to set up a man-in-the-middle
      attack by providing the IP address of a potential snooper.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg