Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP work like a hub

From: Thomas Gäbler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:57:58 +0200

We have a problem, 

We have a DHCP-Server with 3 Interfaces, one for the internet with static IP, the other ones for dhcp-clients.  We want have one Subnet one this two interfaces, how can we do that?

For example, if I connect a pc on lan1, I get 192.168.1.10. 

And later on lan2, if free the ip 192.168.1.10, that should possible that I get this ip address. The two interfaces work like a hub. The DHCP-Sever listen on two interfaces. 

Thanks

Thomas

---

From: Bud Millwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:51:11 +0100

On Monday 10 November 2003 08.57, Thomas Gäbler wrote:

> We have a DHCP-Server with 3 Interfaces, one for the internet with static
> IP, the other ones for dhcp-clients.  We want have one Subnet one this two
> interfaces, how can we do that?

I think most DHCP servers should be able to do this as long as you A) limit 
them to servicing the two inside interfaces (by pre-configuration) and B) the 
two inside interfaces are on the same logical subnet.

If your two inside interfaces are not on the same subnet: our server has a 
setting that will allow it to give service with a "local" segment scope on a 
non-matching local network, but you should be aware that, in this 
configuration, lease renewals will have to be routed to the server.

Bud Millwood
Weird Solutions, Inc.
http://www.weird-solutions.com
tel: +46 8 758 3700
fax: +46 8 758 3687
mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg