Subject: Re: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-04.txt submitted for publication

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:39:46 -0500

I checked it out - Cisco would be willing to identify sections of
draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-04.txt that are affected by our IPR
statement.  Other than that, we will not discuss any patent or patents until
they are issued.

I also looked into past experience with patent filing and issue dates.  It
will likely be years (rather than weeks or months) before any patent or
patents impacting draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-04.txt are issued.

- Ralph

At 08:27 PM 2/12/2004 -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:
>On Feb 12, 2004, at 5:28 PM, Ralph Droms wrote:
>>Are there any objections to returning the document to the IESG for 
>>reconsideration?
>
>It sounds like you folks have some patent applications pending, and can't 
>talk about exactly what's covered.   I think it might be best if the WG 
>waited until the patents were made public before making a decision on 
>this.   It's possible that the patents don't actually apply to the option, 
>but just to what you're doing with 802.1x, and then there'd be no need for 
>people to worry about infringing if they implemented this draft.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg