Subject: [Dime] improvements to draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-00

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:16:08 +0100

Folks,

I think the initial version of draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-00 covers
relevant functions to support localized routing in PMIPv6.
I have a few comments to improve readability and make the
draft focus on the Diameter extensions without being dependent
on an out of scope protocol (localized routing), which is not
yet being standardized. Please let me know what you think:

* The draft is a product of the DIME WG and should focus
 on the extensions to the Diameter protocol between a Diameter
 Client and a Diameter Server.
* The proposed extension should not be tailor made for a
 PMIPv6 localized routing protocol which is not yet being standardized
* Proposal for the update is to keep the protocol operation sections
 (4-6) generic with the focus on the supported functions between
 a client and a server. Further, I propose to add a separate section about
 Use Cases, where we can show how the specified extension integrates
 to possible PMIPv6 operation for localized routing. This section can
 then show the features based on different locations of the client function
 (LMA, MAG).

Any comments?

marco