Subject: [Dime] RFC 5778 on Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:22:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5778

        Title:      Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for 
                    Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    H. Tschofenig, J. Bournelle,
                    G. Giaretta, M. Nakhjiri
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 75444
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5778.txt

Mobile IPv6 deployments may want to bootstrap their operations
dynamically based on an interaction between the home agent and the
Diameter server of the Mobile Service Provider.  This document
specifies the interaction between a Mobile IP home agent and a
Diameter server.

This document defines the home agent to the Diameter server
communication when the mobile node authenticates using the Internet
Key Exchange v2 protocol with the Extensible Authentication Protocol
or using the Mobile IPv6 Authentication Protocol.  In addition to
authentication and authorization, the configuration of Mobile IPv6-
specific parameters and accounting is specified in this document.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintanence and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC