Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application
	Author(s)       : F. Brockners, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-03.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2010-07-12

This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
the Diameter Network address and port translation Control Application
(DNCA).  The DNCA allows per endpoint control of large scale Network
Address Translators (NATs) and Network Address and Port Translators
(NAPTs), which are added to cope with IPv4-address space completion.
The DNCA allows external devices to configure and manage a NAT device
- expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA and policy control
capabilities with a NAT and NAPT control component.  These external
devices can be network elements in the data plane such as a Network
Access Server (NAS), or can be more centralized control plane devices
such as AAA-servers.  DNCA establishes a context to commonly identify
and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a large scale NAT/
NAPT device.  This includes, for example, the control of the total
number of NAT bindings allowed or the allocation of a specific NAT
binding for a particular endpoint.  In addition, it allows large
scale NAT devices to provide information relevant to accounting
purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.