Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #10: Use of commands

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:06:18 -0000

#10: Use of commands
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jouni.nospam@…          |        Owner:  dime@…       
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  closed       
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:               
Component:  nat-control             |      Version:               
 Severity:  In WG Last Call         |   Resolution:  fixed        
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by jouni.nospam@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 {{{
 Authors changed the text to reuse STR/STA and following is the modified
 section for session
 termination:

 4.5.  Session Termination

   The DNCA Manager generates a Session Terminate Request (STR) message
   to the DNCA Agent upon receiving a trigger signal.  The source of the
   trigger signal is outside the scope of this document.  The DNCA Agent
   sends accounting stop record reporting all the bindings and notifies
   the DNCA Manager about successful session termination using a Session
   Terminate Answer (STA) message with Result-Code set to
   DIAMETER_SUCCESS.  Figure 8 shows the protocol interaction between
   the DNCA Manager and the DNCA Agent.

   If a DNCA Agent receives STR from a DNCA Manager and fails to find a
   matching session, the DNCA Agent returns STA with Result-Code set to
   DIAMETER_UNKNOWN_SESSION_ID.

            DNCA Manager                             DNCA Agent
               |                                            |
               |                                            |
            Trigger                                         |
               |                                            |
               |                   STR                      |
               |------------------------------------------->|
               |               (session id)                 |
               |                                            |
               |                                            |
               |                                  Remove NAT bindings
               |                                       of session
               |                                            |
               |                                            |
               |           Send accounting stop             |
               |<-------------------------------------------|
               |           for all session bindings         |
               |                                            |
               |                                  Terminate Session /
               |                                 Remove session state
               |                                            |
               |                                            |
               |                                            |
               |                  STA                       |
               |<-------------------------------------------|
               |             (Result-Code)                  |
               |                                            |

                  Figure 8: Terminate NAT Control session
 }}}

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>