Subject: Re: [Din] Using Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) to enable Decentralized Single Sign across different blockchains thereby enabling Interoperability - Nathan Aw from Singapore

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 22:13:57 -0800

On 9/2/18 6:09 AM, Nathan Aw wrote:
> Is there someone in this mailing list who is keen on sharing inputs into
> this model so that we all could move towards a standard-based
> decentralized identity model/foundation? 

Hi, Nathan -

I think this is clearly in scope for the research group, if
we're chartered, but please note that IRTF research groups
don't produce standards.  However, a number of people have
found that the discussion and work on building agreement
around output from research projects can sometimes translate
into standards work further down the line.

What you're describing sounds orthogonal to the work on
distributed mapping that's been presented at the interim and
then at the most recent RG meeting (in Montreal).  Am I
correct in remembering that you're doing some work with
the blockchain group at RMIT?

I'm also curious on what you see as the tradeoffs with
the sort of hierarchical decentralized identity work being
done at Project LIGHTest.

Anyway, I'd personally be very interested in seeing a draft
or other paper.

Melinda

-- 
Software longa, hardware brevis