Subject: [Din] ACM CoNEXT-2021: Call for Workshops

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 13:34:05 +0200

[apologies if you receive multiple copies of this]

# ACM CoNEXT-2021: Call for Workshops

* Proposal Deadline: 30 June, 2021
* Conference: 6-12 December 2021

ACM CoNEXT 2021 (https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2021), to be
virtually held in Munich, Germany, is soliciting proposals for one-day
workshops to be co-located with the main conference. The workshops are
considered an integral part of the conference and will be fully
incorporated into its logistical and budget planning
process. Workshops are not required to bring their own sponsorship but
other possibilities will be studied on a case by case basis. Workshop
papers will be published in the same set of proceedings as the
conference, and will be available on the ACM Digital Library. The
workshops should be on original and timely topics of relevance to the
CoNEXT community, and aimed at fostering lively discussions and
technical exchanges among participants. Workshop proposals sent in
response to this open call should include the following material:

* A brief statement of interest including a description and rationale
    for the workshop topic and its relevance to the CoNEXT community,
    as well as a comparison with existing workshops on related topics,
    if applicable.

* A draft call for papers, including names and affiliations of
    workshop chairs and a tentative list of TPC members (as complete as
    possible).

* Suggestions about possible keynote speakers and/or panel members.

* The planned workshop deadlines, both internal and external (see
    below).

* An expected number of submissions, accepted papers, and attendees
    (if known).

* A description of any past instances of the proposed workshop,
    including number of submissions, accepted papers, and attendees.

* A list of people whom you have solicited (or plan to solicit) to
    participate at the workshop. If the workshop is interdisciplinary,
    please provide details about your plans to advertise to other
    communities and how you intend to encourage participation at the
    workshop.

The workshop organizers should also take into account the following
practical considerations:

* ACM CoNEXT 2021 and Workshops will be virtual-only events.
     Facilities for remote participation will be provided by ACM CoNEXT
     2021.

* All of the Workshops for ACM CoNEXT 2021 should have the same
    deadlines (e.g. submission and camera-ready deadlines), to
    facilitate coordination with other aspects of the conference
    organization. Deadline extensions should be coordinated with the
    Workshop and Publication chair(s).  The camera-ready deadline will
    be October 25.

* Individual Workshop organizers will be expected to be responsible
    for managing their workshop and for coordination with the Virtual
    Experience chair(s) of ACM CoNEXT 2021 for (virtual) facilities,
    and with the Publication chair(s) for camera-ready papers.

* Individual Workshop organizers will be responsible for setting up
    the paper submission site and review process, as well as for their
    individual web page design in coordination with the ACM CoNEXT 2021
    Web chair(s).

* Individual Workshop organizers are welcome to invite keynote
    speakers.  The speakers will receive complimentary registration for
    the workshop and conference. There is no accommodation for other
    expenses.

If you have questions about your workshop proposal, do not hesitate to
contact the Workshop Chairs, Dirk Kutscher and Laura Marie Feeney, at
conext21-workshops_at_technik-emden.de.

More information about ACM CoNEXT 2021 is available at
https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2021

Proposals should be submitted as ASCII text or PDF files only, via
email to: conext21-workshops_at_technik-emden.de​.

The workshop selection will be made by the Workshop chairs in
consultation with the General chairs and the Steering Committee.
Please submit the workshop proposal by June 30th, 2021.  We will
notify all proposers by July 9th, 2021.

[ACM CoNEXT-2021 Call for 
Workshops](https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2021/#!/cfw)