Subject: Lisa's October Apps Area Activity

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:39:16 -0800

Planning for San Diego:
	- Apps Area meeting agenda posted, with several tech topics
	- No Apps area BoFs
	- WG meetings in San Diego: SIEVE, CALSIFY, WIDEX, IMAPEXT.

Document Status and progress

PUBLISHED documents this month:
	- RFC4708: CellML Media Type, a registration of a MIME type for  
documents in the CellML mathematical modelling language (see  
www.cellml.org)
	- RFC4709: Mounting WebDAV Servers, a document type and format for  
providing information on WebDAV file shares
	- Note NNTPEXT WG products RFC3977, RFC4642, RFC4643 and RFC4644  
(all shepherded by Scott)
	- Note RFC4648 on Base16, Base32 and Base64 Data Encodings
		-->  Obsoletes RFC3548, which XMPP, DKIM, SDP, Atom, SASL and other  
documents reference

APPROVED documents this month:
	- draft-newman-i18n-comparator-14 -- defines a registry for  
comparators and collators, which unblocks important IMAP i18n related  
work.
	- draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-18
	- draft-dusseault-caldav-15 -- Ok, Ted shepherded this one but I did  
help write it :)
	- draft-jennings-impp-vcard-08 -- describes how to put IM addresses  
in VCards

Documents in IESG Evaluation:
	- draft-ietf-imapext-sort: Double-checking if changes needed, now  
that comparator is approved.
	- draft-ietf-imapext-annotate-16: Assumed to still be going for  
Experimental status; if so it'll be discussed Nov 16 by IESG.

Documents in IETF Last Call: none

Documents in AD Evaluation or otherwise waiting on me:
	- draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-10, Usenet article format revision:  
waiting to confirm to send this version for IESG Eval.
	- draft-ietf-atompub-protocol: Sent my AD evaluation questions and  
comments  to the AtomPub list; haven't finished reviewing discussion  
progress there.
	- draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history: need to do AD evaluation
	- draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-09.txt : need to review new  
version to see if the scope of the license is useful according to  
consensus that arose in last call.

Documents needing new versions:
	- draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09: need to deal with ABNF issues, nits,  
and long thread on escaping non-UTF8 data.
	- draft-melnikov-imap-expunged-02.txt: Although this draft has been  
revised since IETF Last Call, dealing with some issues, Alexey is  
considering merging with a resynch proposal instead of progressing as  
is.  Even if the merge doesn't happen, another draft would still be  
required to deal with some open issues.  Discussion to ensue next week.
	- draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-06.txt: Probably should be resurrected now  
that comparator is nearly out the door
	- draft-kunze-rfc2413bis (Informational, RFC Ed Submission): Author  
decided to do another revision.

Working Group Activity

AtomPub:  list discussion of AD Evaluation of atompub protocol, also  
a number of side discussions including several extensions
UseFor: Quietly awaiting document approval
IMAPExt: Discussing Expunge document and annotate
Sieve: Discussing UTF8 escaping issues.
Calsify: Steadily resolving issues for revision of RFC2445.
Widex:  Meeting in San Diego.

Other Activity

Apps Architecture Review Team : Thomas Roessler reviewed AtomPub  
protocol document
Apps Discuss list: More discussion of TV URIs.
W3C related activity: Interest in HTTP revision activity -- Yves  
Lafon engaged already.
HTTP: Significant activity on [email-masked] (NOT a currently  
active WG)

Lisa