Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity for December 2006

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:01:41 -0800

Document Status and progress

Active documents:
  - ABNF (RFC 4234) did  a last call on Dec 11; got comments and  
currently discussing with authors
  - WIDEX Requirements (draft-ietf-widex-requirements): did a last  
call which ended Dec 25, got comments from David Black (Gen-art  
reviewer) and discussing with authors
  - draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-12: need to review changes against my  
comments
  - SMTP Auth (draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis) and POP3 Auth (draft- 
siemborski-1734bis): agreed to shepherd; currently discussing what  
Mandatory-to-Implement authentication mechanism is best.
  - draft-snell-atompub-feed-license: tried to get comments from IETF- 
last-call reviewers on new version...
  - draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history: I'm behind on reviewing  
this one

Stalled documents (next action is not in my court):
  - draft-ietf-usefor-usefor: waiting to see how progress on WG's  
usepro document turns out and whether a normative dependency there is  
the right thing to add to usefor.
  - draft-ietf-imapext-sort: Waiting for BASIC collation draft to  
progress
  - draft-ietf-imapext-annotate: waiting for RFC Ed notes from  
authors to finalize approval
  - draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis: waiting for another version with IANA  
considerations
  - draft-gulbrandsen-collation-basic: need new version

WGs

ATOMPUB: Discussing some draft -12 protocol issues and media types  
related to atom format RFC
CALSIFY: somewhat of slowdown over holidays.
IMAPEXT: New version of draft-ietf-imapext-i18n but otherwise quiet
SIEVE: WGLC on draft-ietf-sieve-notify
USEFOR: Great active discussion on protocol document edited by Russ  
Allbery.
WIDEX: Will close WG once requirements draft is published.

Other Apps Area Activity

HTTP: participants are thinking of BOF so need to determine what  
scope of a WG would be
State-machines:  Stephane Bortzmeyer started a list to prepare a BOF  
on state-machine description languages
Email server event notifications: discussion at  
[email-masked] about requirements and use cases arising from  
Lemonade and elsewhere.
SMTP/RFC2821, advancement to Draft Standard: some discussion at  ietf- 
[email-masked], volunteer draft editor found
URI Templates: interesting discussions at [email-masked]

Lisa