Subject: New Work in the Network Management Area BOF (newsnmp)

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 98 17:45:19 CET

Just so you all know. We'll have a BOF to try and define any future
Network Management related work items. That includes new work for
SNMP (if any).

Bert
------------------- following is a copy ----------------------------

BOF: New Work in the Network Management Area BOF (newsnmp)

Thursday, December 10 at 1530-1730
----------------------------------

Chair: Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

The energy of the Network Management community in the IETF has
been focused on finishing the work on SNMPv3 and SMIv2.  These
are more or less finished by now, and the community may have
energy left over to look at other areas that need work.

This BOF is to identify those work items (if any) which make
sense to work on within the IETF and where we have enough
clarity of problem statement, interest and volunteers to charter
the work to a WG.

AGENDA:

1. Agenda bashing

2. Network management - what is the need of the community?
   We are solliciting input from real network operators/managers
   ==> Please inform Bert/Harald if you intend to do a (short)
   presentation.

3. Prepared presentations for future NM work
   (proposed topic, charter, time-line, separate WG or part of
   other WG, volunteers to work on topic)
   ==> Please inform Bert/Harald if you plan to present a
   proposal. The sooner the better.

4. Form consensus on priroties and what kind of WG(s) we need.