Subject: Re: Notification log addition

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:43:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi - 

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:34:50 -0500
> To: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Notification log addition
> 
> At 04:20 PM 1/15/99 -0800, David T. Perkins wrote:
> >It looks like the disman notitification log MIB in 
> >draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-07.txt needs two additions.
> >
> >If needs to have object nlmLogVariableOpaqueVal with type Opaque added 
> >to table nlmLogVariableTable. And enum value opaque(9)
> >added to object nlmLogVariableValueType.
> 
> Grumble grumble.  I suppose it has the same requirement for v1
> compatibility that the v2 SMI did.  Too bad we couldn't make opaque go away
> completely back then.  It will haunt us forever.
...

I assume draft 08 will be available shortly.  At that time, I'd like
to issue a two-week working group last call on the log mib.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           Email: [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 In accordance with the BMC Communications Systems Use and Security
 Policy, I explicitly state that although my affiliation with BMC may be
 apparent, implied, or provided, my opinions are not necessarily those
 of BMC Software and that all external representations on behalf of
 BMC must first be cleared with a member of "the top management team."
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------