Subject: Re: <draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-00.txt>

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:43:11 -0500

Harmen,

>>   INDEX {
>>           traceRouteOwnerIndex,
>>           traceRouteHostAddress,
>>           traceRouteResultsHopIndex,
>>           traceRouteResultsProbeIndex
>>         }

>>An traceRouteResultsEntry is keep on a per traceRouteEntry, per hop and
>>per probe basis.

>I understand that. However, what's unclear to me, based on the
>traceRouteResultsHopIndex description clause, is what initial value
>to assign to the traceRouteResultsHopIndex (sub)index value.

>I suppose that the initial value for the traceRouteResultsHopIndex
>object is one and is incremented for each additional hop in the
>traceroute path (similar to the traceRouteResultsProbeIndex).

Good question, its range is specified by the SYNTAX clause. I was assuming
a starting value of 1 however a week or so ago I received a comment that
suggested that an additional object be provided to specify this. I received
a number of comments that I will post to the DISMAN list in a day or so
that will include this.

Regards, Ken