Subject: New Draft - Notification Log MIB 6

From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:37:50 -0500

I just sent draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-06.txt to be posted as an
Internet Draft.  This version should be ready for working group last call.
I had a few private comments that I've resolved.

The two most significant changes are handling of counters and timestamps
for sysytems that keep logs across management initializations.  Rony
Shapiro pointed out there was a problem there.

I also added a DateAndTime object to record the wall clock date and time
when logging a notification.  It's set up with compliance that makes it
mandatory on systems that can do it and not implemented on systems that can't.

Let's get this one finished.  We're down to the point where I only want to
hear about major, serious problems.

	Bob

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:28:45 +0100

>>>>> Bob Stewart writes:

Bob> I just sent draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-06.txt to be posted
Bob> as an Internet Draft.  This version should be ready for working
Bob> group last call.  I had a few private comments that I've
Bob> resolved.

[snip]

Bob> Let's get this one finished.  We're down to the point where I
Bob> only want to hear about major, serious problems.

It does not compile.
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)

---

From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:03:29 -0500

>It does not compile.

OK.  So I forget to do that.  Details, details.  Picky, picky.  All this
ivory around here affects my mind, especially at high altitude.

I beat the compilation into submission and just submitted a new draft, 7,
to Internet Drafts.  I only cheated on the importation of Unsigned32 and
the experimental MIB number.  The rest is clean by the standards Cisco
applies to the MIBs we make public.

Sorry.  I'll never make that mistake again.  On draft 7 of this MIB.

So THIS one should be ready for a last last call.

	Bob