Subject: New Internet Draft - draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-06.txt

From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:05:36 -0500

I finally completed an update to the Event MIB.  I've sent it to be
published as an Internet Draft and CCed it to this list.  I will not have
time to make any changes to it before the Internet Draft deadline for the
Minneapolis IETF.

Based on various commments and pressures the MIB has relatively extensive
changes.

I tried to make all the editorial changes I knew about or could find.

I split up the tables so that tables aren't sparse depending on entry
configuration choices.

I conceded to the desire to make it independent of the Expression MIB,
adding several new kinds of tests and delta sampling.

Against my preference and better judgement, bowing to the chair and the
area director, I added owner indexing.  The impact was considerable, adding
several new objects to the MIB due to needing two objects instead of one
for rows that reference entries in other tables by name.  I am not at all
happy with the result or our continued use of this patch rather than really
solving the problem.

The Expression MIB and Notification Log MIB will follow soon.  I'd intended
to send them today but ran out of time due to the unanticipated impact of
adding owner indexing.

	Bob