Subject: disman list move

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:29:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

After years of graciously hosting the disman mailing list, the folks
at Nexen have requested that we find another home for it.  I've set
up a majordomo server here, and have started tests.  The new list is
configured to be much more stringent about possible spam, but I have
set it up to permit certain non-subscribers to post, since there are
several exploders on the list.  The set of non-subscribers permitted to
post was determined by scanning the non-spam postings in the archives,
and will be added to as needed in the future.

The new list addresses will be:
    [email-masked]
    [email-masked]

All subscription and unsubscription requests require human approval,
which introduces some delay but provides better protection against
the more sophisticated spammers.

Posts from non-subscribers may be forwarded to the list, if in
the judgement of the list owner they are not spam.

There may be a few "bumps" in the cutover.  If you receive this message
and do not receive either a message saying that you've been dropped
or a message from the new list, let me know. 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------