Subject: Further comments on disman MIB modules

From: Frank Strauss <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Mar 1999 14:00:30 +0200

Hi!

I checked more MIB modules from the current draft-ietf-disman-*
documents.

DISMAN-PING-MIB, DISMAN-LOOKUP-MIB, DISMAN-TRACEROUTE-MIB

  There are some comments with an inappropriate number of hyphens
  (69). Mutliples of 4 would be ok, although no good idea.

DISMAN-EVENT-MIB

  Besides the two points I mentioned yesterday, there are six identifiers
  longer than 32 characters, which is not recommended.

NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB

  There are two identifiers longer than 32 characters, which is not
  recommended.

DISMAN-EXPRESSION-MIB

  Confuses my parser a lot. ;-) There's a closing DQUOTE missing on
  the DESCRIPTION of expExpressionName. Besides that, there are four
  identifiers longer than 32 characters, which is not recommended.

DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB, DISMAN-SCRIPT-MIB, IANA-LANGUAGE-MIB

  No errors found.

Note, that my parser's checks are far from being complete.

 Frank

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:55:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

My reactions to Frank's comments:

> From: Frank Strauss <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Further comments on disman MIB modules
> Date: 30 Mar 1999 14:00:30 +0200
...
>   (69). Mutliples of 4 would be ok, although no good idea.

The number of hyphens has to be fixed.

>   longer than 32 characters, which is not recommended.

No action required.

>   There are two identifiers longer than 32 characters, which is not

No action required.

>   identifiers longer than 32 characters, which is not recommended.

The missing quote has to be fixed.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------