Subject: Disman in Oslo?

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:10:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

It's time for meeting slot requests.  Currently, I believe we're waiting
for the editors to issue new drafts incorporating resolutions to working
group last call comments for the following three documents:

	draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-06.txt
	draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-08.txt
	draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-09.txt

We're awaiting an updated draft of one before working group last call:
	draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt

We're awaiting publication of two by the RFC editor as Proposed Standards:
	draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-06.txt
	draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-08.txt

Does it make sense for us to meet in Oslo?  If so, should we go for a
one-hour slot, a full-length slot, or multiple slots?

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:04:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Rob Frye has a new email address, so his last posting got bounced.
Here it is.

|From [email-masked] Mon Apr 19 13:55:35 PDT 1999
|Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:56:41 -0400
|From: Rob Frye <[email-masked]>
|Subject: RE: Disman in Oslo?
|To: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
|Reply-to: [email-masked]
|X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.2106.4
|X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
|X-MSMail-priority: Normal
|
|If there is a need to further discuss the "binning" and VACM
|owner index implications, and their related changes to remops
|and express, it would be appropriate to have 1 full-length slot.
|Also if schedule and script MIBs need any significant discussion,
|we should go for multiple (2) slots.
|
|-- Rob.
|
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Frye ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|Sr. Network Management Architect   Email:         [email-masked]
|MCI WorldCom                       Phone: +1-703-715-7225/V272-7225
|2100 Reston Parkway, Suite 600     Fax:   +1-703-715-7436/V272-7436
|Reston, VA  20191                  Pager:           +1-888-270-1537
|~~~~~~~~~ Standards are great, everyone should have one! ~~~~~~~~~~
|
|
|> -----Original Message-----
|> From: [email-masked]
|> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Randy Presuhn
|> Sent: Monday, April 19, 1999 1:10 PM
|> To: [email-masked]
|> Subject: Disman in Oslo?
|>
|>
|> Hi -
|>
|> It's time for meeting slot requests.  Currently, I believe we're waiting
|> for the editors to issue new drafts incorporating resolutions to working
|> group last call comments for the following three documents:
|>
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-06.txt
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-08.txt
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-09.txt
|>
|> We're awaiting an updated draft of one before working group last call:
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt
|>
|> We're awaiting publication of two by the RFC editor as Proposed Standards:
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-06.txt
|> 	draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-08.txt
|>
|> Does it make sense for us to meet in Oslo?  If so, should we go for a
|> one-hour slot, a full-length slot, or multiple slots?
|>
|>  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
|>  Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
|>  Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
|>  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
|>  Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
|>  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|
|

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:56:41 -0400
> From: Rob Frye <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: Disman in Oslo?
> To: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
...
> If there is a need to further discuss the "binning" and VACM
> owner index implications, and their related changes to remops
> and express, it would be appropriate to have 1 full-length slot.
> Also if schedule and script MIBs need any significant discussion,
> we should go for multiple (2) slots.
...

I hope we have Bob's MIB's finished (submitted to IESG) BEFORE Oslo,
assuming his schedule permits.

I hope we have the remops work AT LEAST in WG last call, if not
completed, BEFORE Oslo.  (Assuming Ken's schedule permits.)

The "binning" and VACM/index implications are interesting discussions,
but if they don't show up on the mailing list, I'm reluctant to spend
much meeting time one them.  If we were to get some solid contributions
on the mailing list I'd be much more willing to allocate meeting time
on them.  We talked about these issues in Minneapolis; we had volunteers
to look into them.  We're now waiting for contributions, as I-Ds or as
mailing list postings, from those volunteers or from anyone else who has
something useful to say on either topic.  We have not yet gotten to the
point of saying that these are work items; I don't want to beg any more
indulgence from our ADs until we've delivered on our current work items.

The announcement that the script and schedule MIBs had been approved for
"Proposed" status went out on March 8, so we could seek advancement to
"Draft" status as early as September.  Since there's been quite a bit
of discussion that sounds like folks are implementating at least the
script MIB, it sounds like we should indeed allocate some time for them.

So, I'll propose that we request one full-length meeting slot, unless
someone can convince me we need more (or less) time.

Day of week preferences?
    Strawperson: Friday Morning

Meeting conflicts to avoid?  Here's my short list:

    aaa
    bmwg
    diffserv
    entmib
    intserv
    ippm
    opsarea
    policy
    ptopomib
    rmonmib
    rps
    rtfm
    snmpv3
    trade

---

From: [email-masked] (David Levi)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:02:48 -0400

>script MIB, it sounds like we should indeed allocate some time for them.

There is also at least one implementation of the schedule mib (done by SRI).

>    Strawperson: Friday Morning

I'd prefer earlier in the week.

-Dave
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David B. Levi               Nortel Networks           [email-masked]
Voice Mail:                 +1 408 495 3622
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:02:48 -0400
> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked] (David Levi)

Great!  Would someone be able to give a quick presentation at the meeting
(or here on the mail list) on any implementation issues or ambiguities
discovered?

...

Hmmm... I'll interpret that to mean "anything except Friday".  Tuesday
is the day of short slots.  Are there any objections to requesting a
Wednesday or Thursday morning time slot?

Are there any additions to the list of sessions to not conflict with?