Subject: disman charter updates

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I've been discussing updates to the disman charter with our AD, and
would like to get a sense of the group on the following as a plan
forward:

    - when the editor has wrapped up his changes to expression,
      event, and log mibs, we'll hand them off to the IESG.

    - do working group last call and hand-off to the IESG of the
      remote operations MIB no later than June.

    - we'll meet in Oslo to discuss experience with Script and Schedule
      MIBs, in preparation for advancing them to Draft (this means that
      I want to hear about problems, changes needed, etc.  NOW)

    - hand off script and schedule mibs to the IESG for Draft by
      October

    - go dormant at that time, waking up when it's time to assess
      experience with log, expression, and event.

In Minneapolis there was talk of other possible work, as documented
in the minutes, but I have not seen any follow-up discussion that
would lead me to believe there is sufficient interest and commitment
to justify adding those items to our charter.  Of course, I wouldn't
mind being proven wrong.  :-)

Comments?  Suggestions?

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Rob Frye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:50:29 -0400

Randy,

I think your assessment/plan is correct, based on the lack of
discussion here about the "possible follow-on work" from Minneapolis.
My $0.02.

-- Rob.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:07:41 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy>     - we'll meet in Oslo to discuss experience with Script and
Randy> Schedule MIBs, in preparation for advancing them to Draft (this
Randy> means that I want to hear about problems, changes needed, etc.
Randy> NOW)

Randy>     - hand off script and schedule mibs to the IESG for Draft
Randy> by October

Is this realistic? I mean, the script and scheduling MIBs are still
sitting in the RFC editor queue. (The processing order does not seem
to be FIFO so its hard to say when they will be published.)

The standards process says that there must be 6 months between
Proposed and Draft. Does this refer to (1) the date when the IESG
approves a document or (2) the date when a document is actually
published?
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)