Subject: Tentative disman slot

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:56:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:44:13 -0400
> To: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
> From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
> Subject: 45th IETF-OSLO, NORWAY: DISMAN
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> DISMAN is tentatively scheduled as follows:
> 
> 	Wednesday, July 14 at 0900-1130
> 		other groups scheduled at that time: manet, pkix, avt, ipngwg
> 
> Please submit an agenda for this meeting as soon as possible to
> [email-masked] 
> The deadline for submitting an agenda is July 1 at 1200 ET.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Marcia

Please post any topics you'd like me to include in the agenda.  I'd also
like to hear from anyone who'd like to give a presentation.  Preference
will be given to those reporting on implementation experience with any
of our MIBs.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 13:59:07 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> Please post any topics you'd like me to include in the agenda.
Randy> I'd also like to hear from anyone who'd like to give a
Randy> presentation.  Preference will be given to those reporting on
Randy> implementation experience with any of our MIBs.

We need time to hear about RFC 2591 and RFC 2592 implementation
experiences. If someone outside of our lab has implemented RFC 2593, I
think we should also give time for a report.

We also need time to discuss issues related to RFC 2592 which have
been raised on this list. So far I have:

o Restartable scripts

o Error message during script compilation (smScriptError)

o Scripts that can run forever without having to reset smRunLifeTime

o Index smLangTable and smScriptTable by name rather than Integer32

Depending on the result of these issues, we should decide whether we
want to move RFC 2591 and RFC 2592 forward or recycle them in grade.

In addition, I would like to see a discussion about the future
direction of our activities. It turns out that our current work is
focussed on small pieces to make some specific distributed management
functions work. Our solutions do not have the generality I would like
to have. And we see similar things done differently in our MIBs. The
question is whether we want to continue this path or not.

							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)