Subject: Re: Script MIB implementation question

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:03:37 +0200
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Script MIB implementation question
> References:  <[email-masked]>
...
> Our implementation is accessible via the Internet. You can find the
> details at <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/jasmin/>. Please
> drop us a note if the agent does not respond and we will see what has
> happened.
...

Great!  If you're able to interoperate, I'd like to hear about it, since
I need to gather ammunition for our interoperability report.  If you
have problems, please figure out whether it's an implementation bug or
a specification bug.  If any fixes to the RFC are needed, please
identify them on this list.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:26:53 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> Great!  If you're able to interoperate, I'd like to hear about
Randy> it, since I need to gather ammunition for our interoperability
Randy> report.  If you have problems, please figure out whether it's
Randy> an implementation bug or a specification bug.  If any fixes to
Randy> the RFC are needed, please identify them on this list.

I do not have access to other implementations. So its up to the other
implementors to test whether they are doing things in the same way.
Of course, if others make their implementations accessible as well,
then I am more than happy to do some testing and to report to the WG.

Its also fine with me to plan for an ad-hoc test meeting at the next
IETF in Oslo if the other implementors manage to be there.

							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)