Subject: Re: Script MIB implementation question

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Script MIB implementation question
> Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:04:25 +0200
> From: Eamonn McManus <[email-masked]>
...
> I implemented the Script MIB on a smallish embedded device with a Java
> Virtual Machine.  My implementation only supports scripts in Java.
...

With at least three independent implementations, some interoperability
testing would be appropriate.  Would any of the implementors be willing
to allow access to their implementations over the internet?   Due to
security considerations, I fully expect pair-wise negotiations between
manager and agent implementors to be necessary for read-write access.

Would anyone also be willing to also allow noauth/nopriv or "public"
read-only access to their implementation?

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:03:37 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> With at least three independent implementations, some
Randy> interoperability testing would be appropriate.  Would any of
Randy> the implementors be willing to allow access to their
Randy> implementations over the internet?  Due to security
Randy> considerations, I fully expect pair-wise negotiations between
Randy> manager and agent implementors to be necessary for read-write
Randy> access.

Randy> Would anyone also be willing to also allow noauth/nopriv or
Randy> "public" read-only access to their implementation?

Our implementation is accessible via the Internet. You can find the
details at <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/jasmin/>. Please
drop us a note if the agent does not respond and we will see what has
happened.
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)