Subject: Re: disman WG last call:

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:56:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:22:40 +0200
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: disman WG last call:
> References:  <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> >>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:
> 
> Randy> If you feel the text the editor submitted (recently posted to
> Randy> this list) does not represent working group consensus or that
> Randy> technical errors have crept in during the application of the
> Randy> edits, please speak up NOW.
> 
> What does NOW mean? Today? This week? Until Oslo?
...

"NOW" means "before the internet draft announcement appears."

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:29:49 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> "NOW" means "before the internet draft announcement appears."

I just received the ID announcement for the expression MIB and I guess
the announcement for the event MIB will follow in the next hours. Here
is the timing we had:

Expression MIB:

Juergen sends comments: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:28:02 +0100
Bob sends revised IDs:	Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:10:24 -0700
ID announcement:	Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:37:08 -0400

Event MIB:

Juergen sends comments:	Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:53:34 +0100
Bob sends revised IDs:	Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:42:48 -0700
ID announcement:

This means that Bob had 3 months to do the revisions while the WG had
5 weekdays (including a weekend) to review his changes. I think this
schedule is not really fair.

All I can do now is to accept the decision of our WG chair (without
agreeing to it) and to hope that Bob did a good job.

							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)