Subject: Re: <draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-04.txt>

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:11:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:28:08 -0400 (EDT)
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: <draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-04.txt>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> >Let's keep it simple and get this thing finished.  Of course, folks
> >are free to experiment with more elaborate approaches, and I'd welcome
> >reports of the results of their experiments.
> 
> The issue is whether or not, or to what extent, the DISMAN MIBs are 
> going to provide standards-based ways of doing what network analysts 
> already are doing with custom/proprietary solutions.
...

I understand the value of the information.  I am sympathetic to this
argument, and would have welcomed it several months ago.  However,
we've already expanded the remote operations MIB far beyond the original
proposal, and we're long past our original projected completion date,
through no fault of the editor.

I've seen one person writing in favor; no technical opposition, but no
passionate technical support either.  If the editor can accomodate the
request without further delay, I defer to the editor's good judgement
in the matter.  Otherwise, let's look at it next time around.

It's time to finish this document, and no one else seems to care enough
about this feature to say anything.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------