Subject: disman issue REMOPS-1

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Issue REMOPS-1:

> From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Review of draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-05.txt
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:14:26 -0400 (EDT)
...
> > ICMP Echo Request packets MUST NOT be used.  Many PC implementations do
> > it incorrectly, which, in turn, causes intermediate hops to be invisible
>   ^^
> What is "it"?  It would be nice to elaborate on this in the text.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Since this issue is (apparently) a textual clarity rather than a true
technical issue, I'm willing to pronounce this one closed as soon as
the editor posts the replacement text and it doesn't leave me confused.

:-)