Subject: disman issue REMOPS-4

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 99 16:30:34 DST

Ref:  Your note of Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:37:29 +0200

Subject: Re:   disman issue REMOPS-4

You guys figured it out.
We do NOT have a rule that any current MIB work MUST wait for
the IPv6MIBs WG to come to a conclusion. We are not even telling
MIB-related WGs to slow down.

The DT for the IPv6MIB is not moving as fast as I (we) would have
hoped (or did I loose any email to the contrary??)... so I am
not sure at the moment that we will make our own imposed deadline.
So I am reluctant to tell WGs to slow down and wait for this to
complete.

Let me URGE Mike, Shawn and Brian to try and complete the work
according to schedule. The sooner you get done, the earlier we
won't have to have these discussions any more.

Now... if the DISMAN WG tells me they want to delay the REMOPS MIB
work a bit to await the outcome of the IPv6WG, then I think I can
accept that. But I am not going to force it untill I see that
the DT is coming close to a resulution.

Bert