Subject: Re: disman WG last call: notification log mib

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

With the recent posting of the updated draft of the notification
log MIB, I believe we have finished off all the issues and are
ready to hand it off to our area directors and the IESG.  I will
defer making the official request until the draft has appeared in
the internet-drafts directories.

If you feel the text the editor submitted (recently posted to this
list) does not represent working group consensus or that technical
errors have crept in during the application of the edits, please
speak up NOW.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:21:20 +0200

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> With the recent posting of the updated draft of the
Randy> notification log MIB, I believe we have finished off all the
Randy> issues and are ready to hand it off to our area directors and
Randy> the IESG.  I will defer making the official request until the
Randy> draft has appeared in the internet-drafts directories.

Randy> If you feel the text the editor submitted (recently posted to
Randy> this list) does not represent working group consensus or that
Randy> technical errors have crept in during the application of the
Randy> edits, please speak up NOW.

I did a quick check. The only nit I found is the citation [RFC1903] on
page 3 which should be [RFC1908]. The references section should also
be updated:

OLD:

[RFC1903]   Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M. and S. Waldbusser,
            "Coexistence between Version 1 and version 2 of the
            Internet-standard Network Management Framework", RFC 1903,
            January 1996.

NEW:

[RFC1908]   Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M. and S. Waldbusser,
            "Coexistence between Version 1 and version 2 of the
            Internet-standard Network Management Framework", RFC 1908,
            January 1996.

I am sure this is something the RFC editor can fix or which can be
fixed when posting this document as an ID. Its fine with me to move
this one over to the IESG.
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)