Subject: review of draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-07.txt

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:46:10 +0200

I did a review of <draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-07.txt>. I found a
minor editorial nit:

- On page 4, there replace "82" with a newline.

I am still concerned about the complexity of this MIB, especially the
complex relationships between the tables. (See also the very short
thread "complexity of the event mib" in the DISMAN mailing list
archive.) The figure I made back in May still seems to be valid:

    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/event-mib.ps>

(I noticed that Bob added text in the latest revision of the ID which
specifies the order in which objects get added to a notification
message - so at least this problem is fixed.)

There have been no other comments on this complexity issue from the WG
(other than Bobs response) and hence I will not further hold up the WG
last call on this MIB.
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:49:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:46:10 +0200
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: review of draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-07.txt
> 
> 

I assume the editor can fix this as part of the publication process.

> (other than Bobs response) and hence I will not further hold up the WG
...

Thanks for reminding us of your concerns.  I believe that we have a rough
consensus that getting some operational and deployment experience with
this MIB is the best way to assess whether the complexity does present
an operational problem.  If it does, then, when the time comes, we'll
need to revisit the issues in depth.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------