Subject: Disman WG meeting report from Oslo

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Here's the required chair's report paragraph summarizing our WG meeting
in Oslo.

     The distributed management working group met for one session
in Oslo, Norway, on Wednesday, July 14.  In this meeting, we reviewed the
status of our internet drafts.  Three of our drafts (expression, log,
and event MIBs) are in working group last call, with the expectation
that they can be forwarded to our AD next week.  Our remaining internet
draft, the remote operations MIB document, we discussed in some detail,
coming to tentative closure on the issue list.  We plan to issue a
two-week working group last call as soon as the updated draft becomes
available.  This should happen next week.  Our final topic of discussion
was progression of the Schedule and Script MIBs, RFCs 2591 and 2592,
respectively.  We reached no conclusion on whether the current known
issues would necessitate cycling in grade or permit advancement of these
documents; further discussion will be needed on the WG mailing list.
There were no proposals for additional work items.  Whether we will
need to meet at the next IETF meeting will depend largely on further
implementation and interoperability experience with RFCs 2591 and 2592.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:23:04 -0700 (PDT)

thanks!

randy