Subject: Disman issue Event-06

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

Disman issue Event-06:

> Page 14:
> 
> >         If only 'existence' is set in mteTriggerTest this object has
> >         no meaning."
> 
> Should this really be an error?

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> Should this really be an error?

No change needed.  The value of mteTriggerSampleType is indeed not
signficant if mteTriggerTest's value is { existence }.

However, the DESCRIPTION of mteTriggerTest has a paragraph that has
some ambiguous words:
 
|       For 'existence', the specific test is as selected by
|       mteTriggerExistenceTest.  When an object appears or vanishes
|       the trigger fires.  The trigger will not fire again until the
|       object has changed states.

Which object does "the object" refer to in the last sentence, and where
is that state change described?