Subject: Request IESG consider draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-10.txt

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bert -

This is my official request as disman working group chair that the
IESG consider draft-ietf-disman-notif-log-mib-10.txt for publication
as a Proposed Standard.

The working group last call has been completed.  We have consensus or
rough consensus on all issues, and believe it is appropriate to work
towards gaining wider operational experience with this MIB.  The only
issues not resolved to everyone's satisfaction are both related to the
complexity of the MIB's indexing structure.  Part of this complexity is
due to anticipated use with VACM, and part is due to the MIB's structure.
It is not clear whether this represents a real operational problem,
and it appears that the best way to resolve this question is wider
operational experience.  I believe that the working group members are
satisfied with this path forward.

I request that this document be processed with the expression and
event MIBs, since they are closely related.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------