Subject: Disman issue Event-03

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Disman issue Event-03:

> Section 4.  
> 
> > The Event MIB is based on extensive experience with the RMON MIB
> > [RFC1757] and its alarm and event groups and is intended as a
> > replacement for those groups.  The Event MIB calls "triggers" what the
> > RMON MIB called "alarms," but the concepts are the same.  Event MIB
> 
> This is not so much a comment for this document as it is for our ADs.
> Has the RMON group agreed to this?  When will it happen?  I see no work
> item on the RMON web page for this activity.  If we are going to include
> this section on Relationship to other MIBs (and I think we must) we must
> also really follow-through.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> also really follow-through.

A message from Steve Waldbusser provided the words that I'll suggest
as replacement text.

Replace "and its alarm and event groups and is intended as a replacement
for those groups." with "and provides a superset of the capabilities
of the RMON alarm and event groups.  Conceptually, the key extension is
the ability to allow alarms to be generated for MIB objects that are on
another network element."