Subject: Re: Disman issue Event-13

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:38:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

For Disman Issue Event-13:

> I can not see where the abbreviation mte for the mib came from, I could
> see evt (for event) or something like that as being more meaningful.

Proposed resolution:

Make up a phrase for which mte could be a pausible abbreviation.
How about "magically triggered event"?

Objections?  Alternatives?

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:34:11 -0400

> Objections?  Alternatives?
If there was nothing previously for mte. and you want to keep mte it
could be management triggered event.  or how about triggered event?
/jon