Subject: RFC 2592 Implementation experience

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:00:14 -0400

I read/am reading with interest RFC 2592. Its fascinating reading. To get
this far there had to be implementation experience. Do descriptions of
implementation experience exist on line?

Jerry Freedman,Jr

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:27:41 +0200

> implementation experience exist on line?

So far, I know about three implementations.

One has been done by SNMP Research. It supports a proprietary
scripting language and is (or will be soon) commercially available.
There should be some online information at the SNMP Research site
http://www.snmp.com/

The Open Group Research Institute in Gieres, France has done an
implementation for an embedded system using Java as script language.

The third implementation is called Jasmin (by TU Braunschweig and
NEC Europe). It also implements also RFC 2593 and supports Java
programs as scripts. About this implementation there is a lot of
information online at the Jasmin home page.
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/jasmin/

There you'll also find information about a running instance of
this implementation which is accessible over the Internet. 
You can use it for running your own scripts on it and for
testing Script MIB manager applications.

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek    [email-masked]   http://www.ccrle.nec.de
NEC Europe Ltd., C&C Research Laboratories  Tel: +49 30 254230-19
Hardenbergplatz 2, 10623 Berlin, Germany    Fax: +49 30 254230-99