Subject: Re: Disman issue Event-01

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Disman issue Event-01:

> I find that there is often confusion about the definition of TRAPS,
> NOTIFICATIONS, INFORMS, EVENTS.  In section 2, second Bullet reference
> is made to the standards which is helpful.  I suggest a word or two of
> definition on EVENTS, TRIGGERS, etc up front.  This will make reading
> the tables a bit easier.

Proposed resolution:

Clone the second paragraph from section 3 and add this text after the
first paragraph in section 1.

| The Event MIB provides the ability to monitor MIB objects on the local
| system or on a remote system and take simple action when a trigger
| condition is met.

Objections?  Alternatives?

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:36:45 -0400

good solution.
/jon