Subject: Re: Disman issue Event-09

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

For Disman issue Event-09:

> Page 26:
> 
> This is a general coment about the Trigger Threshold Table.  Rising and
> Falling and combination objects are specified.  What is absent is the
> rate of change which is often in values (not talking about delta
> discontinuity here).  For example an object such as
> mteTriggerThresholdRisingDelat could be added (would require mod of
> mteTriggerThresholdStartup) which rahter than an absolute value would be
> measured at each interval so that if the change exceeded the value the
> trigger threshold would be thought to have been exceeded.  If this was
> already discussed and dismissed, OK but I think from an operational
> perspective this is of value.

Proposed resolution: add the suggested objects.

Objections?  Alternatives?

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]     http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's is probably coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:34:57 -0400

Obviously I agree.
/jon