Subject: Comments on notification-log MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 19:59:30 +0200

DBH is the reviewer for this MIB, so Dave will also send in comments.
This comments is just based on my SMICng compile and adds in the comments I also
had
to the other 2 MIBs.

SMICng compiles clean.
But pls root the mib under mib-2 xx, do import mib-2 and do not import
experimental.
Pls add a REVISION clause similar to the other 2 mibs.
Same comment/question on IPR section, as for other 2 mibs.
I would prefer that section 7 explicitly points to sect 3.1.2 instead of
"overview"

I thought we agreed to name this mib DISMAN-NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB ??

Bert

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:00:15 +0200

>>>>> wijnenb  writes:

wijnenb> I thought we agreed to name this mib
wijnenb> DISMAN-NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB ??

We went back and forth on this. Bob's argument was that this
particular MIB is actually a fundamental part of the SNMP
infrastructure and does therefore not really belong to the DISMAN
suite of MIBs. Of course, Bob did also not agree to call it
SNMP-NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB and that is why we have NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB
in the latest ID.

I still believe that we should pay more attention to how we manage our
name spaces. But I get sometimes tired to argue against stones.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>