Subject: Review of Alarm MIB Requirements

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:10:46 -0500

hi

I thought it might be useful to have an updated list of requirements
for the Alarm MIB.  We can then use this to discuss which requirements
we all agree we need to address right now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chisholm, Sharon [CAR:5K32:EXCH]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Alarm Information ...

hi
I know this work has not found a home yet, but I thought I would
summarize the requirements we have seen so far:
        1) Mechanism to identify which notifications are alarms
        2) Mechanism to identify Raise/Clear relationship between
notifications/alarms
        3) Mechanism to map from notifications into ITU alarm definitions
        4) Mechanism to maintain list of active alarms
5)Mechanism for Alarm Notification Suppression (ARC, for example)
6)Support of Historical Alarm Management

Are there others we want to consider?

Sharon