Subject: M3100 additions to SNMP MIB

From: Tammy Ferris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:44:26 -0600

All,
ITU M.3100 expands the list of parameters/variable bindings
for alarm event notifications as follows:

   logRecordIdParameter
   correlatedRecordNameParameter
   suspectObjectListParameter
   alarmingResumedParameter
   affectedObjectListParameter

I would like to see these added to the sequences accordingly
to the SNMP MIB.
Tammy

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:18:22 -0800

HI,

Tammy - please add value not weight to the definitions. Please
enlighten all of us how all of these would be used. Provide
specific examples so we can understand the need.

Thanks,
/david t. perkins

---

From: Tammy Ferris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:54:57 -0600

David,

After reading more of the prep-material it became unclear to me
whether the group is trying to support all parameters for alarm
event notifications defined in the ITU documents or only the
mandatory ones.  Can you please clarify.

I brought these up to the group because I would like to see a
match between what the ITU defined and what IETF defined.  I know
of no one and know of no good reason to make these mandatory for
all implemenations.

Do you want me to provide definitions for these parameters and why
they might be useful or justify them to be mandatory?

Tammy