Subject: Disman WG agenda

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 03:38:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

Comments and any further additions would be appreciated.
If additional issues arise before the meeting, please bring
them to disman WG mailing list <[email-masked]> so
that meeting attendees can prepare.  (If your posting to
the mailing list bounces, please contact the WG chair at
[email-masked]).

         Agenda for the Disman working group
 50th IETF meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
         Monday, March 19 from 13:00 to 15:00
         Tusday, March 20 from 17:00 to 18:00

0. Reading List: (***use most recent versions available***)
   Alarms:
     <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-01.txt>
     <draft-ietf-disman-itualarm-mib-01.txt>
     <draft-huynh-disman-conditionmib-00.txt>
     <draft-lam-disman-arcmib-00.txt>
     <draft-ietf-disman-snmp-alarm-mib-00.txt>
     RFC 3014 (notification log MIB)
   Scheduling:
     <draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-03.txt>
   Scripting:
     <draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-v2-02.txt>
     <draft-bierman-disman-see-00.txt>
     <draft-schoenw-rfc-2593-update-00.txt>

1. Administrative matters
   1.1 introductions
   1.2 selection of minute-taker
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
   1.3 circulation of sign-up sheet
   1.4 Review of Agenda
   1.5 Allocation of time

2. Status of Current work
   2.1 Script MIB: updates to RFC 2592 (Proposed Standard) 
       <draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-v2-02.txt>
   2.2 Schedule MIB: updates to RFC 2591 (Proposed Standard)
       <draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-v2-03.txt>
   2.3 Expression MIB: RFC 2982 (Proposed Standard)
   2.4 Remote Operations MIB: RFC 2925 (Proposed Standard)
   2.5 Event MIB: RFC 2981 (Proposed Standard)
   2.6 Alarm MIB: currently two I-Ds,
         <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-01.txt>
         <draft-ietf-disman-itualarm-mib-01.txt>
       and several contributions:
         <draft-huynh-disman-conditionmib-00.txt>
         <draft-ietf-disman-snmp-alarm-mib-00.txt>
         <draft-lam-disman-arcmib-00.txt>
   2.7 Notification/Log MIB: RFC 3014 (Proposed Standard)

3. Other relevant work
   3.1 syslog, idwg, ???
   3.2 RmonMib
   3.3 SnmpConf
   3.4 Eos

4. Technical Discussions
   Please see  http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html
   and contact [email-masked] if you need time to
   for focused discussion of specific drafts or issues.

   4.1 Alarm management
       4.1.1 Requirements wrap-up (25 minutes)
       4.1.2 current WG I-Ds (Chisholm & Romascanu, 15 minutes)
                <draft-ietf-disman-alarm-mib-00.txt>
                <draft-ietf-disman-itualarm-mib-00.txt>
       4.1.3 SNMP Alarms and MIB Module (Perkins, 10 minutes)
                <draft-ietf-disman-snmp-alarm-mib-00.txt>
       4.1.4 CONDITION MIB (Huynh, 10 minutes)
                <draft-huynh-disman-conditionmib-00.txt>
       4.1.5 Alarm Reporting Control MIB in-depth (Huynh & Lam, 10 minutes)
                <draft-lam-disman-arcmib-00.txt>
       4.1.6 How many documents?  Slice & dice. (25 minutes)

    4.2 Do we re-open the notification log MIB (RFC 3014)? (10 minutes)

    4.3 Extensions to the Script work
        4.3.1 Discussion of issues raised by (Bierman, 30 minutes)
              <draft-bierman-disman-see-00.txt>
        4.3.2 Does the WG have any feelings about (Schoenwaelder, 5 minutes)
              <draft-schoenw-rfc-2593-update-00.txt>?

5. Charter updates.
   Please see http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/disman-charter.html
   5.1 completed items
   5.2 changes to target dates
   5.3 Possible additions to charter
       5.3.1 "Script MIB Extensibility" (RFC 2593 update)?
       5.3.2 Anything from <draft-bierman-disman-see-00.txt>?

6. Wrap-up
   6.1 review of action items
   6.2 reminders to minute-takers and presenters
       PLEASE read http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html
       and http://www.ietf.org/instructions/slides.html, respectively.
   6.3 retrieval of sign-up sheet

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------