Subject: RE: ASCII art

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:45:34 -0500

hi

Steve> 1) What is the "Mapping Profiles" box in Sharon & Dan's Document big
box?
Steve> Is this something in the existing drafts or something coming?

This is the alarmDetailsTable, soon likely to be renamed to the
alarmModelTable.
This is what defines the alarm, its states and the transitions between
the states.

Steve> 2) It looks like severity will be associated with the conditions (at
least
Steve> if one uses "Severity-based Suppression").  And severity would also
be
Steve> associated with the Active or Model Specific Alarm.  Am I
understanding that
Steve> correctly?

This is still an open issue. Severity is definitely needed in the alarmModel

Steve> 4) Since there are "transient conditions" possible, should I assume
that the
Steve> definition of alarms will also change to allow "transient alarms"?

This discussion keeps coming back.  At one point we had aged-out alarms,
but removed them. I'd prefer to only see alarms which have a clear, but 
would be open for a quick succession of raise and clear.

Sharon