Subject: Re: script und schedule mib updates

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:43:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:47:46 +0100
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
> To: disman <[email-masked]>
> Subject: script und schedule mib updates
...
> I have just posted updates of the script and scheduling MIBs.

thank you!

>                                                               There
> are no more open issues left for these documents. So I guess it is
> time now to switch to "last call" mode so that folks can review
> whether I screwed something up while doing the edits.

Since we've completed the WG last call on these documents, unless
I hear strenuous objection TODAY, I will pass them on to our AD
tomorrow.

I believe we can recommend the updated schedule MIB for
publication as DRAFT STANDARD.

I believe the agreement was to cycle the updated script MIB
at PROPOSED STANDARD.

ok?

>                                                       I will post a
> diff relative to the RFCs of my nroff sources in two subsequent
> messages so that it is easier to find the actual changes I have made.

Thanks, this is always helpful.

> I have already posted an update of the SMX protocol (RFC 2593) last
> week <draft-schoenw-rfc-2593-update-00.txt> which aligns the SMX
> protocol with the latest changes in the Script MIB and which fixes
> some minor oddities in the protocol design.
...

I've put this on the reading list for the proposed agenda,
since one of the topics for discussion is consideration of
proposed extensions / additions to the script MIB.  I know
that 2593 is not a disman working group product, but I do
think it is highly relevant.

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:27:54 +0100

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

>> There are no more open issues left for these documents. So I guess
>> it is time now to switch to "last call" mode so that folks can
>> review whether I screwed something up while doing the edits.

Randy> Since we've completed the WG last call on these documents,
Randy> unless I hear strenuous objection TODAY, I will pass them on to
Randy> our AD tomorrow.

Did I miss the last call on the script MIB? I thought the previous
last call was only on the scheduling MIB. In fact, the edits on the
script MIB have not been trivial and I would feel better if they were
checked carefully before the WG moves things to the IESG. But you are
the chair...

Randy> I believe we can recommend the updated schedule MIB for
Randy> publication as DRAFT STANDARD.

We added a new object schedTriggers. It is just a stupid counter. I
leave it to the higher authorities to decide whether this addition
requires to cycle this document at PROPOSED or not. (I just wanted to
be clear about this.)

Randy> I believe the agreement was to cycle the updated script MIB at
Randy> PROPOSED STANDARD.

Yes.

/js