Subject: SG4 input for disman WG

From: "Dave Sidor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:23:38 -0400

Bert,

At the July meeting of ITU-T SG 4 which closed on 13 July, SG 4 approved
the attached communication statement regarding the ITU Alarm MIB being
progressed in the disman WG. As noted in the attachment, "SG 4 is
pleased that the needs of the telecommunications industry are being
accommodated..." and we offer a recommendation to advance that
accommodation for review within the disman WG. The WG comments on the
recommendation and its final output would be most welcome in the
Question 10 Rapporteur Group whose next meeting will occur during the
week of 5 November 2001. Any such comments may be sent directly to Tom
Grim, the Q 10/4 Rapporteur (copy to me please), who is copied on this
email and further identified in the attachment. We are also open to any
other communication exchange that could further this accommodation using
the semantics of other SG 4 standards.

Dave Sidor
Chair, ITU-T SG 4

---

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:56:59 -0400

Dear All,

I will be participating in the Disman meeting in London. As I had been in
the July SG4 meeting, I may be able to provide some information/input (not
debate though :-)) to the WG meeting if needed.

Regards,
Kam

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sidor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 9:19 AM
To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Cc: *Presuhn, Randy; *Grim, Tom; *Caryer, Geoff; *IETF, disman WG;
*Bradner, Scott; *Bush, Randy; *Choe, Young-Han; *List, Q 10/4
Subject: Re: SG4 input for disman WG

Bert,

You raise a good point about SG 4 participation in the debate about its
disman WG input. Thus I have copied your request and this email to the Q
10/4 mailing list and suggest that any comments regarding the SG 4 input
be copied to the Q 10/4 mailing list as well. I will also copy Sharon
Chisholm's email. Thanks for the suggestion (which will also save me
from serving as a relay point between the 2 mailing lists). I hope this
meets with your OK. 

Dave