Subject: Re: Detecting cleared alarms

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 06:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

> From: "Dave Shield" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:56:47 +0100 (BST)
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Detecting cleared alarms
...
>   For the Retired table, assuming the indexes include some form of timestamp,
> this is not possible.  The manager would not know when the alarms would
> have been cleared, so could not generate the necessary list of predecessors.
...

The manager would only need to remember the date and time
of the last entry in the table from the last time it checked
the retired alarm table.

If the first index of the retired table is the time the alarm
was cleared, the manager would only need to start its walk
using the date and time of the last entry it saw in that
table during its previous update cycle.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------